Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Well I finally gave in.


I bought an 8 pack of dry erase markers to use on my precious laptop screen. I've known that I should for awhile, but I've been tracking my arcs with a piece of paper held up to the screen, and squinting to see through it.

The markers I got are AWESOME, much better than thick chisel tips. They have a very fine point, and an eraser at the end. Here's a link at amazon if you're curious:

Sweet Markers



I got some LCD screen cleaner at Best Buy to help keep the purple tint away. It was relatively expensive ($20 for a 7 oz. bottle), but you don't need to use much of it, and it works great. If you're OCD about your screen like I am, check it out.

Also, I haven't had the need arise yet, but I hear a lot of horror stories about the Sharpie. If you accidentally Sharpie your screen, Expo makes a special marker to remove permanent marker from white boards. I haven't tried it, and I would be scared to use it on my screen (precious). Then again, my screen doesn't have any permanent arcs, knock on wood. :)

2 comments:

Alexiss Dawn said...

Hahaha, they help...loads! I gave in about class 2 and got drawing all over my laptop screen. 9 months later and it still looks great. :) I just got a nice, new, big monitor for my desktop though...I just can't get myself to draw on it. Lol.

JoR said...

There's a lot of tips in my AM workspace... but I think this is the best think I learned in my first week ...
hahaha,my screen is so dirty!
...
Oh! you have a good stuff, keep working! See you!